Note: Our Policy is subject to change at any time without notice. To make sure you are aware of any changes, kindly review this Policy from time to time. If we post changes and you continue to use the Website, you will be deemed to have agreed to the revised terms of the Policy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, mobile phone or tablet by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to website owners.
We use the following types of cookies:
- strictly necessary cookies – these are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website, e.g. cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website;
- analytical/performance cookies – these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, e.g. by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- functionality cookies – these enable us recognise you when you return to our website and allow us to personalise our content for you and to remember your preferences; and
- targeting cookies – these cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and any advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
The cookies we use are non-intrusive and are used by most websites. None of your personal details are held in these cookies.
How we collect information
You may voluntarily give us your personal information that identifies who you are by
- creating an online account on the Website, or
- filling up and submitting forms on our Website, or
- filling up email subscription forms on our Website, or
- filling up forms at any of our events, or
- filling up forms at a trade fair in which we participated, or
- by corresponding with us over phone, email, online chat or other means, or
- registering for our loyalty programme, which is hosted and managed by a third party, or
- entering an online contest, or
- participating in an online survey, or
- reporting a customer service request or a problem, or
- submitting a review or a feedback, or
- submitting a testimonial, or
- enquiring about our services.
When you visit our Website, our web server automatically records some information about your visit, but does not recognize or record individual information that identifies who you are unless you actively give us personal information voluntarily that identifies who you are.
The information we record and use for statistical purposes include but is not limited to the following:
- Your server address
- The date and time of visit
- Duration of visit
- Number of pages viewed
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The previous site visited
- Type of device visited from
- Type of browser used
- Language preference; and
- And other such analytical information
Collection and use of Personally Identifiable Information
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honour your preferences, such as whether or not you would like to see interest-based ads.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve PG Bison’s content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content relevant to your interests on our website and third-party sites.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
PG Bison’s cookies allow you to take advantage of some of PG Bison’s essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any PG Bison products and services that require you to sign in.
By using our Website, you consent to us processing your information for the purposes for which this information was collected and contacting you by SMS, email, phone, mobile app notification or any other means.
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, sending quotations and invoices, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve PG Bison Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, track the website usage and effectiveness, fix errors, responding to enquires and complaints and improve the usability and effectiveness of the PG Bison Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with PG Bison.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to PG Bison Services via different channels (e.g. by phone, e-mail, mobile app notifications and chat).You can inform us at any time if you no longer require communications over email. Mobile app notifications can be deactivated from your device;
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, PG Bison, and others.
Use of Demographic and Profile Data
We use personal information to provide the services you request. To the extent we use your personal information to market to you, we will provide you the ability to opt-out of such uses. We use your personal information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect fees owed; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. As we continually improve on our product and service offerings, we collect and analyze demographic and profile data about our users' activity on our website. We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information. We may from time to time request you to complete some simple and optional online surveys. These surveys may ask you for contact information and demographic information (like location, local government area, age, or income level or gender). We use this data to tailor your experience at our Website, providing you with content that we think you might be interested in--and to display content according to your preferences.
Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information with our other corporate entities, our suppliers and affiliates in an effort to detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services that you request where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary.
We may disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, Governmental offices, third party rights owners, or others in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: enforce our Terms or Policy or protect the rights, property or personal safety of our users or the general public.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below:
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through PG Bison Services. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the event that PG Bison or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.PG Bisontherefore reserves the right to transfer all information, including your personal information, to a third party in the event of a merger, sale, liquidation, receivership or transfer of assets of our company provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of our Policy.
- Protection of PG Bison and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of PG Bison, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: : Our Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Links to Other Sites
PG Bison has taken security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access. However, data relay over the internet is inherently insecure, and we do not guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
How Secure is My Information?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind. We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software. We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off/log out when finished using a shared device.
If you received a mailing from us, (a) your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future ("opt-in"), or (b) you have registered on our Website or otherwise have an existing relationship with us. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone outside PG Bison unless ordered by a court of competent jurisdiction. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property on the website, including but not limited to content, trademark (or any confusingly similar trademarks), trade names, logos, pictures, videos, downloads, domain names, patents, design elements, software, source code, meta tags, databases, text, graphics, icons and hyperlinks are the property of or licensed to PG Bison and as such, are protected from infringement by domestic and international legislation and treaties. Subject to the rights licensed to you in terms of the section A4 above, all other rights to intellectual property on the website are expressly reserved. No person shall amend, copy, use, decompile and/or reverse engineer the source code of the website. No person may use logos, icons or trademarks from the website as hyperlinks or for other purposes without PG Bison’s consent.
Terms And Conditions
All content included on this website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, and software, is the property of PG Bison its content suppliers and protected by Kenyan and international copyright laws. Furthermore, the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this website is the exclusive property of PG Bison, and protected by the laws of Kenya and international copyright laws.
Such content is used for non-commercial purposes. You are expressly prohibited from incorporating any of the material from this website in any other work, publication or website of your own or belonging to another.
The information, services, products and materials published on this website, including without limitation, text, graphics and links are provided on an “as is” basis. PG Bison makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this Website or the information, contents, materials, or products included on this site. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing:
- PG Bison does not warrant that this Website, will be error free, or will meet any particular criteria of accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, performance or quality nor is it warranted that registered participants will benefit to the extent advertised or at all; and
- PG Bison has taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of this Website and its contents, no warranty, whether express or implied, is given that any files, downloads or applications available via this website are free of viruses, Trojans, malware, bombs, time-locks or any other date or code which has the ability to corrupt or affect the operation of your device.
This Website is only intended to provide helpful information to registered PG Bisonparticipants. It is not intended to provide exhaustive treatment of any subject dealt with. The information on this Website including, without limitation, all research, opinions or other content is therefore not intended nor does it constitute financial, accounting, tax, legal, or investment advice.
This website could include technical, typographical or other inaccuracies and you are urged to contact PG Bison to confirm all information contained on this website prior to placing reliance thereon. Changes are periodically made to the information herein and these changes will be incorporated in new editions of this website.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Kenya without giving effect to the principles of conflicts of laws. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of Kenya in respect of any disputes arising in connection with this Website. Notice is hereby given to your rights contained in Section 26 of the Data Protection Act, 2019 (N0. 24 of 2019).
If you have any questions or need further information about our Policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news, updates and special offers by email